Noises That Upset Me ~ A Social Story
- Download instantly
- Quality checked
This is a social story designed for students on the autism spectrum or students in special education who have trouble relating to specific social skills.
- The story addresses the issue of noises that may upset a student and cause them to react in a meltdown. It provides a springboard for discussion on other ways to react and provides positive support.
- Picture Communication Symbols included with the story for non-verbal students
- Comprehension worksheet included
- Great activity for a smartboard and ideas to make it personal to fit the needs of the student.
- Great story for all ages.
-Great morning meeting activity, group, or individual story.
Hope you enjoy! Thanks for looking!
Noises That Upset Me ~ A Social Story for Students with Autism by Jenna Leopard is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Given visuals and strategies to help manage anger, STUDENT will use a more socially acceptable means of conveying anger, by quietly telling the teacher or other authority figure what is causing the anger, in 4 out of 5 consecutive opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
Given a series of visuals or social story depicting a variety of emotions, thoughts, and feelings, STUDENT will relate a real-life experience by providing one real-life experience or scenario, in 4 out of 5 consecutive opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
This item is recommended for the following grade levels:
PreK, Kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade, 5th Grade, 6th Grade, 7th Grade, 8th Grade, 9th Grade, 10th Grade, 11th Grade, 12th Grade