Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
The real life Picture Nouns for Vocabulary and Language Development GROWING BUNDLE cards can be used for language, naming objects, matching and even sorting. Try them all! :)
Build upon vocabulary skills for children with special learning needs, English Language Learners, and YES, even toddlers and Pre-K!
WHAT IS A GROWING BUNDLE?
A growing bundle is an activity that grows in content through a period of time until the set is complete. This set of Picture Nouns for Vocabulary and Language development will be complete once the set reaches 1,000 images (100 new images per month will be added)! THIS SET CURRENTLY INCLUDES 200 Picture Nouns with FOUR real life images of the same noun to encourage generalizing skills (Ex. If this is a dog, then this is a dog, too.) The price increases as more Picture Noun cards are added.
CAN I REQUEST A NOUN THAT I FEEL IS IMPORTANT FOR MY STUDENT/CHILD TO BE ABLE TO RECOGNIZE?
YES! What is important to your child, may be just as significant to another. The requested nouns will become part of the “Growing Bundle” for every product owner to access.
JUST SO I HAVE AN IDEA…WHAT NOUNS AND OTHER ITEMS ARE INCLUDED SO FAR?
· Data Sheet to track progress for IEP documentation.
· Pictures and ideas on how to implement this activity in your classroom.
I HAVE TO WRITE IEP’S FOR MY STUDENTS. DID YOU INCLUDE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR IEP GOALS?
YES! I have included suggested IEP Goals for all abilities (Highly Supportive/Supportive/Independent or Less Support Needed). Here are the goals:
1. Given a real life picture of a noun which is familiar to the student (ex. ball, dog), STUDENT will identify the object by ____________(stating what it is called or labeling) (choosing the correct picture on his/her voice output device) (will point to the picture when the teacher asks, “Where is the ________?”), with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
1. Given two real life picture/word noun cards of two different nouns, STUDENT will choose the correct picture when asked by the teacher, “Find the ________”, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
2. Given up to _____(# of) real life picture noun cards, STUDENT will match the identical sets with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR. (You will need to print two identical sets to accomplish this goal.)
1. Given two real life picture/word cards of two different nouns (unrelated), STUDENT will match and name the nouns, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
2. Given four real life pictures of the same noun, STUDENT will name the object and provide a verbal description (a short phrase/a sentence) in order to compare or contrast the similarities or differences, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
3. Given a real life picture of a noun, STUDENT will describe the color, shape, movement, and/or its’ purpose (what it is used for or where it is most commonly seen), by responding to ____(# of) “wh-“ questions, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
CAN I SHARE THIS WITH OTHER STAFF MEMBERS?
Unfortunately, copyright and legal registration require that any user must purchase an individual license. The only exception to this is if your school purchases additional licenses, or is part of a special promotion.
© Copyright 2019 Autism Educators, Inc. (AutismEducators.com). All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for single classroom and personal use only. You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, create derivate work from, sell or re-sell any content or information obtained from or through AutismEducators.com or any other selling platform where our products are listed or sold.
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2019