Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
Martin Luther King, Jr. READING COMPREHENSION IEP Skill Builder NON-FICTION WORKSHEETS for Autism and Special Education
Martin Luther, King, Jr.
With a picture, beginning to mid-reader NON-FICTION passage (grades 1 – 3), and four comprehension questions, your students will begin to work independently, increase vocabulary, practice test-taking skills, recognize sight words, all while you record valuable data on each worksheet!
What’s included in this READING COMPREHENSION Non-Fiction MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. Worksheet Set:
· 20 Non-Fiction Reading Comprehension Worksheets related to Martin Luther King, Jr.
· Suggested IEP Goals and Reading Grade Level For Each Worksheet
· Short and Easy Data Collection on the upper corner of each page!
SUGGESTED IEP GOALS for Special Education students:
1. Given a picture and an instructional level NON-FICTION reading passage containing unfamiliar words, STUDENT will read the passage and use pre-taught reading strategies to determine the meaning of the words, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
2. Given a short reading passage containing both familiar and unfamiliar vocabulary (not yet introduced), paired with a picture depicting an action, event, or person described in the text, STUDENT will read the passage in order to answer up to four “wh” questions related to the passage, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
3. Given an instructional level NON-FICTION reading passage, STUDENT will independently read the passage and answer up to four related questions, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
4. Given an instructional level NON-FICTION reading passage related to a specific topic, STUDENT will read the passage and highlight the key details within in order to “look back” and answer four questions related to the passage, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
5. Given an instructional level NON-FICTION reading related to a specific topic, STUDENT will listen to the passage read aloud by a peer or adult in order to increase listening comprehension skills, and provide responses to four questions related to the passage (mark with a pencil or verbally), with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
Thank you for visiting Autism Educators TpT store. We donate a portion of all proceeds to promote autism awareness and acceptance.
IMPORTANT COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
© Copyright 2019 Autism Educators, Inc. (AutismEducators.com). All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites such as Amazon Inspire. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for single classroom and personal use only.
Follow AutismEducators.com on FACEBOOK
Follow AutismEducators.com on PINTEREST
Follow AutismEducators.com on INSTAGRAM
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2019