Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
Life Skills MATCHING Task Cards Summer Vacation Items “Task Box Filler” Autism Resource
WHAT IS A “Task Box Filler”?
· A “Task Box Filler” is a set of task cards specifically created for special needs students. Using a variety of strategies to increase focus and on task behavior, this “Task Box Filler” is intended to encourage our middle school, high school, and young adults to participate in an academic task with or without adult support.
· This set also provides students with independent learning goals to complete the task independently over time, even for more complex learners.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
· 35 Follow One Direction “Put in.” Task Cards
· 35 Identical Matching Pictures (Real life pictures are used to provide meaning for students.)
· Mounting Board (Please print as many as you need. There are storage spaces on each Mounting Board, divided into two sections to trim and place in Task Box. I also cut a set of 3 and 6 spaces for my complex learners. You may want to do the same.)
· Suggested IEP Goals that align to this activity.
· Interchangeable Task Box LABEL
TELL ME MORE…
· I have included items that students within this age group (12 and older) that are familiar to them, or they may have seen a sibling or parent use. The theme of this “Task Box Filler” are items associated with packing for a summer vacation. ALSO, this activity can help increase word knowledge and language communication skills! Ask your students “wh” questions and much more! Be creative!
· WHY SHOULD I USE “Task Box Fillers”?
“Task Box Fillers” are designed for our students with autism from Pre-K up through adulthood. There’s a large variety of choices and I’m always listening to you for requests for new topics or areas of need.
· CAN I SHARE THIS SET WITH OTHER TEACHERS?
Due to copyright laws, sharing materials is not allowed. By purchasing this license, it is for YOU and YOU, only. Please direct co-workers, parents, therapists, or anyone else who may be inquiring about activities from AUTISM EDUCATORS, directly to our website AutismEducators.com.
© Copyright 2019 Autism Educators, Inc. (AutismEducators.com). All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites such as Amazon Inspire. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for single classroom and personal use only.
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2019