Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
This homophones (homonyms) with visual support reading task card set, focuses on determining the meaning of a word that sounds that same, but has both different spelling and word meaning. The visual cues (pictures) help with comprehension of each word meaning.
· 40 Homophone Task Cards with a choice of two responses
· 80 Homophone Picture/Word Cards for preview of lesson, spelling, and writing
· IEP Goals
· Interchangeable Task Box Label
· Not at all! Just print the task cards on white card stock paper for durability, laminate, and trim.
· YES! What better way to reinforce a reading skills concept that you are teaching! Our kids need to be engaged and they need more than just pencil and paper tasks during one-on-one instruction. Understanding how to use a homophone in a sentence can be challenging and may need some extra practice for our students with special learning needs.
Absolutely! Here are suggested IEP Goals that may be aligned with this activity:
1. Given a “fill-in-the-blank” sentence, STUDENT will choose the correct homophone out of a field of two possible choices by using picture cues, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
2. Given two pictures, each representing a homophone (two words that sound the same but have distinctly different meanings), STUDENT will define each word by using picture cues, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
If your teammates or co-workers would like to use this activity with their students, please encourage them to purchase additional licenses. ANY TYPE OF FILE SHARING VIOLATES OUR COPYRIGHT POLICIES AND ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED. The purchaser may print as many copies as he or she would like for their students ONLY. Your compliance is greatly appreciated.
Yes! There are almost 100 sets available, which include, math, reading, fine motor, social skills, science, social studies and life skills!
**Please see all copyright and licensing rules included with each product.
If you EVER have ANY questions about this, or any of my products, please feel welcome to contact me at: CustomerCare@AutismEducators.com.
Thanks so much and enjoy!
© Copyright 2019 Autism Educators, Inc. (AutismEducators.com). All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for single classroom and personal use only. You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, create derivate work from, sell or re-sell any content or information obtained from or through AutismEducators.com or any other selling platform where our products are listed or sold.
Follow AutismEducators.com on FACEBOOK
Follow AutismEducators.com on PINTEREST
Follow AutismEducators.com on INSTAGRAM
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2020