Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
This Sentence Building with Pictures task card “Task Box Filler” set focuses on forming sentences.
· 40 Real Life Picture Task Cards
· 40 Mounting Boards to build the sentences
· IEP Goals
· Interchangeable Task Box Label
· Just a little bit of time (but worth it)! Just print each page on white card stock paper and laminate! Cut each task card along the gray lines and trim the mounting boards, too. Add velcro and you’re ready to begin!
· YES! What better way to reinforce a reading skills concept that you are teaching! Our kids need to be engaged and they need more than just pencil and paper tasks during one-on-one instruction. Once you show your students how to build a sentence, they’ll be on their way! Even complex learners can participate with assistance.
· For INDEPENDENT WORK TASKS you can use sandwich size zipper bags (such as ZipLoc or any brand) to place the sentence strips and card in. Depending upon your student’s IEP Goals and level of prompting need to complete a task, I usually place anywhere from 3 to 10 zipper bags into a plastic shoebox. This way, the student can open each one and only have the strips that go with each picture.
Absolutely! Here are suggested IEP Goals that may be aligned with this activity:
1. Given a picture with words of an object, person, or action cut into 5 vertical strips, STUDENT will build a five-word sentence by placing each picture/word strip in the correct order to form a sentence, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
2. Given a picture with words of an object, person, or action divided into five vertical strips, STUDENT will place each strip in the correct order to form the complete picture and read the sentence, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
3. Given verbal, visual, or hand-over-hand prompts along with a picture of a an object, person, or action divided into five picture/word strips, STUDENT will place each strip in the correct order to form a complete picture, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
If your teammates or co-workers would like to use this activity with their students, please encourage them to purchase additional licenses. ANY TYPE OF FILE SHARING VIOLATES OUR COPYRIGHT POLICIES AND ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED. The purchaser may print as many copies as he or she would like for their students ONLY. Your compliance is greatly appreciated.
Yes! There are almost 100 sets available, which include, math, reading, fine motor, social skills, science, social studies and life skills!
**Please see all copyright and licensing rules included with each product.
If you EVER have ANY questions about this, or any of my products, please feel welcome to contact me at: DSinger@AutismEducators.com.
Thanks so much and enjoy!
© Copyright 2019 Autism Educators, Inc. (AutismEducators.com). All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for single classroom and personal use only. You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, create derivate work from, sell or re-sell any content or information obtained from or through AutismEducators.com or any other selling platform where our products are listed or sold.
Follow AutismEducators.com on FACEBOOK
Follow AutismEducators.com on PINTEREST
Follow AutismEducators.com on INSTAGRAM
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2019