Regular Past Tense Verbs
- Download instantly
- Quality checked
Go on a pirate adventure while learning regular past tense verbs! Great for speech therapy, ESL, ELL, and grammar instruction.
I have found the most success in teaching past tense verbs by verb pattern. There are 3 types of regular past tense verb endings. The verbs are broken into sound ending /d,t,Id/ for easier teaching and comprehension of regular past tense verbs. This resource includes different activities to reach a variety of learning needs and generalization.
The packet contains (color and black & white):
- 12 cards with past tense verbs ending in /d/ sound
- 2 dice including the /d/ pictures
- Chutes and ladders game including the /d/ pictures
- Island beach scene incorporating the /d/ pictures
- 12 cards with past tense verbs ending in /t/ sound
- 2 dice including the /t/ pictures
- Treasure map board game including the /t/ pictures
- Island beach scene incorporating the /t/ pictures
– 12 cards with past tense verbs ending in /Id/ sound (“ed”)
– 2 dice including the /Id/ pictures
– Spin and say game including the /Id/ pictures
– Island beach scene incorporating the /Id/ pictures
- "More Pirate Verbs!": A worksheet targeting 11 different regular past tense verbs
- "Picture-to-Verb Key": A reference for the therapist on the verb targeted with each picture.
Given a picture and a statement either read by an adult or the student, followed by a question, STUDENT will respond using a regular past tense verb (ex. "The pirate is climbing the tree. What did the pirate do?"), with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
This item is recommended for the following grade levels:
PreK, Kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade