Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
Our Movement Break for Social Distancing Adapted Book will provide your students with a sequence of fun, but simple, movement activities to help maintain focus on work tasks both in the classroom AND at home!
This easy-to-assemble Movement Break for Daily Exercise adapted book is for students continuing or beginning the school year with distance learning. With a choice of 16 low level exercise movements provided, your students will have the advantage of sensory/physical action, all while completing an academic/independent skills task!
Oh, no! Just print the pages on white card stock paper (preferred), laminate, and trim. You will only need 16 hard side Velcro coins/squares and 8 soft side to position the picture word/response cards.
There are 8 additional cards and pages for you to substitute a movement/exercise that your child/student prefers.
Using real life images, the student will see what each movement looks like and try it themselves! The student will complete the sentence using the picture/word response card and perform the activity. Each page is motivating, as you can change the pages using the 8 additional options, or just changing the sequence of activities (the pages are not numbered).
· roll on ball
· jog in place
· scoot (requires a scooter to sit on)
· push ups
· knee lifts
· touch toes
· side stretch
· leg lift
· standup split
· leg kicks
· hula hoop (requires a hula hoop)
1. Given a picture of a movement activity (exercise), STUDENT will complete a simple sentence stating what the movement is, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
2. Given a picture and a picture/word response card of a movement activity, STUDENT will complete the sentence in order to perform the activity, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
3. Given an _______(age level/grade level) activity to complete independently, which includes a visual directive (specific movement), STUDENT will follow the set of ___(# of) directives, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
None of our activities can be shared with other staff members due to copyright laws and licensing rules. You CAN suggest that they purchase their very own set, or you may purchase an additional license for them.
**Please see all copyright and licensing rules included with each product.
Copyright © 2020AutismEducators.com. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader onlyThis product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Purchasing to assemble and sell or rent in a marketplace, to individuals, education institutions, Outschool.com, teaching platforms or any other entity, is prohibited. This applies to residents of all countries. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip art credits.
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2021