Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
All of our PRINT and GO Resources are 20% off to help your students practice IEP goals and academic skills at home.
Add PRINT and GO Resources to your cart and apply coupon code PRINT to see the discount. Limited time offer.
Are your students with autism or special learning needs working towards life skills IEP goals for reading and answering a question or statement with an appropriate response? If so, this high interest text message task card activity with emotion symbol responses, is the perfect speech therapy and reading resource for reinforcing life skills by responding to a peer, family member, or community helper. Given a text message from a friend, family member, or community member, your student will read (or you may read aloud to student) and choose one of three symbol based emotion responses that would be the best answer. This life skills reading activity will help your students remain focused and on task through completion with 100 Task Box Filler task cards included!
· 100 Task Box Filler Activity Cards (4 cards on each sheet)
· IEP Goals
· Interchangeable Task Box Label
· Suggestion for classroom or therapy implementation
· Easy as can be! Just print each page on white card stock paper and laminate! Cut each task card along the black lines and the activity is ready! NO VELCRO needed for this activity, just a dry erase marker or clothespin for clipping will do!
· YES! What better way to reinforce reading skills and work towards IEP goals! Our students need to be engaged and they need more than just a text book during one-on-one instruction.
Absolutely! Here are suggested IEP Goals that may be aligned with this activity:
1. Given a written scenario in the format of a text message, in which the texter asks a question or sends a statement, STUDENT will select the appropriate emotion symbol in response, with up to ___(# of messages), based upon STUDENT’S point of view or opinion, by MONTH, YEAR.
2. Given a written scenario in the format of a text message, in which the texter asks a question or sends a statement, STUDENT will select the appropriate emotion symbol in response based upon STUDENT’S point of view or opinion, to expand upon the conversation by writing a sentence(s)/paragraph response to complete the conversation, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
If your teammates or co-workers would like to use this activity with their students, please encourage them to purchase additional licenses. ANY TYPE OF FILE SHARING VIOLATES OUR COPYRIGHT POLICIES AND ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED. The purchaser may print as many copies as he or she would like for their students ONLY. Your compliance is greatly appreciated.
Yes! There are more than 200 sets available, which include, math, reading, fine motor, social skills, science, social studies and life skills!
© Copyright2023 Autism Educators, Inc. (AutismEducators.com). All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for single classroom and personal use only. You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, create derivate work from, sell or re-sell any content or information obtained from or through AutismEducators.com or any other selling platform where our products are listed or sold.
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2023