Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
Are your students learning to build on rhyming sounds skills from phonological awareness to identify and produce rhyming words? This IEP Goal Review worksheet printable packet helps students to hear the rhyming sound patterns in words. If your learners have IEP goals related to reading rhyming words, hearing a rhyming sound pattern, or using pictures of familiar objects to hear the rhyming sound in words, then this IEP Goal Review worksheet packet is the perfect practice tool!
Implement for students with autism, ESY supplement, fall review, beginning of the year refresher, one-on-one teaching, literacy center, tutoring, speech and language therapy, or even as a substitute bin filler!
The reading worksheets and suggested IEP goals are aligned with early elementary, or students developing reading skills.
Each review packet contains “uncluttered” (less cutesy, distraction free) printables that are aligned with academic or social-emotional state standards. The skill sets are, in most instances, adapted to fit the learning needs of special education students. The Review Packets for IEP Goals are designed to encourage independent work practice for those who can, and additional support for those students who may need it. In time, we will includes every standard from Pre-Kindergarten through third grade. Special requests for specific standards or grade levels. Feel welcome to email me with your request (DSinger@AutismEducators.com).
· 45 printable worksheets aligned with state standards for reading skills in the area of Reading Prose and Poetry with phonological awareness
· 3 Levels included (30 poem worksheets / 10 rhyming with pictures worksheets / 5 word pair worksheets)
· Data Section on each worksheet to track student progress in the classroom, at home, therapy, or tutoring.
· Suggested IEP Goals
Although this IEP goal review packet is aligned with early/mid elementary (1-3) skills, it may support any learner who is currently developing reading skills accessing reading resources on this grade level. As we know, our children all learn at their own pace and this resource is adaptable for all students learning to read or hear the rhyming pattern in words.
This packet provides extra practice to supplement classroom lessons, therapy session resource, summer/fall review to prevent reading skills regression, independent work to support inclusion, reading resource, or early intervention. Each page contains an area to track the child’s progress to monitor for skill progression.
YES! Here are suggested IEP goals which aligns with this IEP Goal Review packet:
· Given two passages which have four lines of text, STUDENT will _______(read aloud independently or listen to the teacher/therapist read aloud) to determine which is a poem by identifying the rhyming word pattern, as documented by teacher/therapist observation, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
· Given 4 lines of a poem read loud and repeated two times in succession by an adult (teacher/therapist/parent), STUDENT will identify the rhyming words by repeating the words, as documented by teacher/therapist observation, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR. (IEP end date)
· Given a poem read aloud to STUDENT in a one-on-one setting (ex. teacher time), STUDENT will listen to a poem read aloud by an adult (teacher/therapist) with at least readings for STUDENT to touch his/her ear to indicate when the rhyming words are heard, as documented by teacher observation, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR. (IEP end date)
· Given two pictures of objects which represent rhyming pairs of words and sets of distractors (words which do not rhyme), STUDENT will say the words in order to determine if a rhyming sound pattern is heard, as documented by teacher/therapist observation, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR. (IEP end date)
· Given a set of words to read or listen to as read aloud by an adult, STUDENT will indicate if there is a rhyming pattern heard, or in each pair of words, as documented by teacher/therapist observation, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR. (IEP end date)
If your teammates or co-workers would like to use this activity with their students, please encourage them to purchase additional licenses. ANY TYPE OF FILE SHARING VIOLATES OUR COPYRIGHT POLICIES AND ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED. The purchaser may print as many copies as he or she would like for their students ONLY. Your compliance is greatly appreciated.
© Copyright 2023 Autism Educators, Inc. (AutismEducators.com). All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for single classroom and personal use only. You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, create derivate work from, sell or re-sell any content or information obtained from or through AutismEducators.com or any other selling platform where our products are listed or sold. ALL WORKS CREATED BY AUTISM EDUCATORS, INC., is material in that we hold the copyright or trademark. All parties intentionally or unintentionally copying, sharing, or manipulating in any manner will be held responsible.
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2023