Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
This social narrative story is intended for young students returning to school with mandatory or modified mask requirements for in person classroom learning. This social narrative tells a story about who wears a mask, when they wear a mask, and why a mask is worn. Using real life, unintimidating pictures, students can see that a mask can be worn for dress up play or Halloween. It shows a familiar community helper, such as a doctor, wearing a mask and explains what the purpose of a mask is.
***PLEASE NOTE: This social narrative story does NOT include the name of the virus, or any mention of it. Its main purpose is to introduce the student to wearing a mask within the school setting.
Oh, no! Just print the pages and staple the cover. NO VELCRO REQUIRED!
· 11 story pages with Student Cover and Self-Illustrated Story Page
· Suggested IEP Goals for Special Education students
· Suggestions for Extension Activities
· Print this entire activity on white computer paper
1. Given a social narrative related to an event, action, or rule in which STUDENT must comply, STUDENT will follow the procedure or rule without protest, as measured by teacher observation per incident or request, by MONTH, YEAR.
2. Given a social narrative related to an event, action, or rule in which STUDENT must comply, STUDENT will contribute to the conversation within a small group setting, by asking a question or providing a response to demonstrate understanding, as measured by teacher observation, in presented opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
None of our activities can be shared with other staff members due to copyright laws and licensing rules. You CAN suggest that they purchase their very own set, or you may purchase an additional license for them.
**Please see all copyright and licensing rules included with each product.
Copyright © 2020AutismEducators.com. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader onlyThis product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Purchasing to assemble and sell or rent in a marketplace, to individuals, education institutions, Outschool.com, or any other entity, is prohibited. This applies to residents of all countries. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip art credits.
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2020