Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
ADJECTIVES Task Cards Describing Words “Task Box Filler” for Special Education and Reading Resource for the classroom or distance learning.This “Task Box Filler” task card set focuses on describing words, or adjectives. Using real life pictures and a choice of 8 adjectives, your students will mark the words that describe the picture.
***This “Task Box Filler” may be used in the classroom for independent work centers, OR print and use at home for distance learning.***
· 30 Full Size Task Cards with 8 adjective choices
· Answer Key
· Suggested IEP Goal
· Interchangeable Task Box Label
· Very little time! Just print each page on white card stock paper and laminate and you are set to go! You may also print on regular printer paper and place in a binder with sleeves. The student marks the responses on the clear view sleeve.
· Use a thin dry erase marker to have students mark the adjective responses.
· YES! What better way to reinforce a reading or vocabulary skill that you are teaching! Our kids need to be engaged and they need more than just pencil and paper tasks during one-on-one instruction. Children will gain word knowledge by describing what they see! This set also works well for speech and language lessons to improve describing objects.
Absolutely! Here are suggested IEP Goals that may be aligned with this activity:
1. Given a picture of an object, place, or event, STUDENT will observe details in order to mark the describing words he/she would use to tell about the object (adjectives) with 80% accuracy out of a field of 8 word choices, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
2. Given verbal or visual prompts as needed, STUDENT will name the object shown in the picture in order to provide one detail or describing word (ex. color, shape, movement) with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
If your teammates or co-workers would like to use this activity with their students, please encourage them to purchase additional licenses. ANY TYPE OF FILE SHARING VIOLATES OUR COPYRIGHT POLICIES AND ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED. The purchaser may print as many copies as he or she would like for their students ONLY. Your compliance is greatly appreciated. This activity may be sent home with your student for distance learning or homework practice. The teacher MAY use this activity during distance learning for his/her assigned students by uploading to class lessons.
Yes! There are more than 200 sets available, which include, math, reading, fine motor, social skills, science, social studies and life skills! lease view the selection under TASK BOX FILLERS.
**Please see all copyright and licensing rules included with each product.
© Copyright 2020 Autism Educators, Inc. (AutismEducators.com). All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for single classroom and personal use only. You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, create derivate work from, sell or re-sell any content or information obtained from or through AutismEducators.com or any other selling platform where our products are listed or sold.
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2020