Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
Fall fun for your students with this Autumn problem solving skills for beginners Task Box Filler! This festive fall or autumn theme corn maze task box will guide students using visuals (Corn Maze sign and scarecrow) to follow the maze to find their way out! This Task Box Filler autumn resource focuses on problem solving skills, as well as the concept of spatial awareness. It is an engaging task box activity for Fall, and students enjoy drawing a line (path) to get out of the maze! This activity is the perfect solution to gain focus (and remain on task) for students with autism, special learning needs, or Kindergarten/First Grade students.
WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH THIS CORN MAZE “Task Box Filler”?
· 40 Corn Maze Task Cards (Level 1 for Beginners)
· Interchangeable Task Box Label for Easy Storage
· IEP Goals
DOES THIS TAKE LONG TO SET UP?
· Very little time! Just print each page on white card stock paper and laminate. Cut each task card along the black border.
· Use a thin dry erase marker to have students trace the path out of the corn maze! (Easily wipes clean with a dry erase eraser or paper towel)
CAN I USE THIS AT INDEPENDENT WORK TASK TIME?
YES! What better way to reinforce completing a task with a greater level of independence! This CORN MAZE “Task Box Filler” can be included in a task box with a dry erase marker for the student to complete. Print multiple copies if assigning to more than one student at a time, or split amongst the students (5 each/10 each).
ARE THERE ANY IEP GOALS THAT MAY ALIGN WITH THIS ACTIVITY?
Absolutely! Here are suggested IEP Goals that may be aligned with this activity:
1. Given a visual map to solve, which requires problem solving skills to find the beginning and ending point, STUDENT will determine the logical path, as completed in up to 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
Participatory/High Needs BASED IEP GOALS:
2. Given hand-over-hand prompting, STUDENT will draw a line from a beginning location to an ending location, as guided by an adult (teacher/OT/therapist), in 3 out of 5 opportunities, as documented by teacher observation, by MONTH, YEAR.
CAN I SHARE THIS WITH MY TEAM OR CO-WORKERS?
If your teammates or co-workers would like to use this activity with their students, please encourage them to purchase additional licenses. ANY TYPE OF FILE SHARING VIOLATES OUR COPYRIGHT POLICIES AND ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED. The purchaser may print as many copies as he or she would like for their students ONLY. Your compliance is greatly appreciated.
DO YOU HAVE A SELECTION OF “Task Box Fillers” THAT I CAN CHOOSE FROM?
Yes! There are more than 200 sets available, which include, math, reading, fine motor, social skills, science, social studies and life skills!
**Please see all copyright and licensing rules included with each product.
© Copyright 2023 Autism Educators, Inc. (AutismEducators.com). All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for single classroom and personal use only. You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, create derivate work from, sell or re-sell any content or information obtained from or through AutismEducators.com or any other selling platform where our products are listed or sold.
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2024