Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
Do you have first or second grade students working on reading comprehension IEP goals? Using an illustration and details in text sentences, your students will read the short passage to determine if the details are shown clearly in the picture, or if the key detail is read in the text (words).
This task box filler activity is designed with IEP goals in mind, making it a perfect tool for special education classrooms or any classroom looking to support diverse learners.
WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH THIS Information from PICTURE or TEXT “Task Box Filler?”
· 40 Task Box Filler Activity Cards
· Suggested IEP Goals
· Interchangeable Task Box Label
* Answer Key
DOES THIS TAKE LONG TO SET UP?
· Very little time! Just print each page on white card stock paper and laminate. Cut each task card along the black border.
· Use a clothespin to clip each correct response, or mark the response with a dry erase marker!
· CAN I USE THIS FOR DIRECT ONE-ON-ONE INSTRUCTION?
· YES! What better way to reinforce reading comprehension skills that you are teaching! Our kids need to be engaged and they need more than just pencil and paper tasks during one-on-one instruction. Even complex learners can participate with assistance.
ARE THERE ANY IEP GOALS THAT MAY ALIGN WITH THIS ACTIVITY?
Absolutely! Here are suggested IEP Goals that may be aligned with this activity:
INDEPENDENT OR LOW LEVEL OF ASSISTANCE IEP GOALS (on grade level or with pre-taught reading strategies to understand letter sounds):
1. Given a written scenario or description, with up to four sentences and a picture, STUDENT will respond the question prompt that begins with, “How do I know…” by determining if the details can be read in the text or shown in the picture, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
CAN I SHARE THIS WITH MY TEAM OR CO-WORKERS?
If your teammates or co-workers would like to use this activity with their students, please encourage them to purchase additional licenses. ANY TYPE OF FILE SHARING VIOLATES OUR COPYRIGHT POLICIES AND ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED. The purchaser may print as many copies as he or she would like for their students ONLY. Your compliance is greatly appreciated.
DO YOU HAVE A SELECTION OF “Task Box Fillers” THAT I CAN CHOOSE FROM?
Yes! There are more than 200 sets available, which include, math, reading, fine motor, social skills, science, social studies and life skills!
© Copyright 2023 Autism Educators, Inc. (AutismEducators.com). All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for single classroom and personal use only. You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, create derivate work from, sell or re-sell any content or information obtained from or through AutismEducators.com or any other selling platform where our products are listed or sold.
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2024