If you have paraprofessionals or assistant teachers in your ABA classroom, this resource is made for you! This binder contains helpful information for any staff member working in an autism or self contained classroom using the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis. This binder makes special education staff training a breeze!
This 35 page bundle contains:
- A positive Welcome Letter to set the school year off on the right tone.
- A list of general paraprofessional responsibilities such as working with students according to the teacher's schedule and collecting data as directed.
- A list of general staff expectations such as using respectful and positive language.
- Teaching Strategies: An overview of ABA, Discrete Trial, and the three term contingency, Antecedent-Behavior-Consequence view of shaping behaviors.
- Behavior Strategies: An overview of the common functions of behaviors, replacing maladaptive behaviors with positive replacement skills, and general behavior tips.
- Data Collection: A brief explanation of varied types of skill and behavior data such as trial-by-trial, probe, frequency, duration, and interval data.
- Student Information Sheets: Blank templates where staff can record specific details such as likes, dislikes, related service schedules, etc. for up to 10 individual students
If you need changes to any pages or would like to customize it further for your individual classroom, please contact me-- I am very user-friendly and love to collaborate with fellow special educators!
Any questions, you can reach me at: Beltransbehaviorbasics@gmail.com