Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
WH Questions Task Cards for Who and When “Task Box Filler” for Special Education and Reading Resource for the classroom or distance learning.
This “Task Box Filler” task card set focuses on identifying key details by answering WH questions of who and when. This set includes TWO learning levels! SET 1 is for those with early reading skills AND those not yet reading. For non-readers, the student may fully participate in this reading standards based activity by matching the picture of each person. For SET 1, velcro may be used to attach the matching pictures.
SET 2 provides the details of WHO is having a birthday and WHEN the birthday is. There is one additional short sentence to practice reading skills. For SET 2, the student will use a dry erase marker to shade (bubble in) their responses.
***This “Task Box Filler” may be used in the classroom for independent work centers, OR print and use at home for distance learning.***
· 20 Level 1 Activity Task Cards
· 20 Matching Response Cards
* 20 Level 2 Activity Task Cards
· Suggested IEP Goals
· Interchangeable Task Box Label
· Very little time! Just print each page on white card stock paper and laminate and you are set to go! For SET 1, laminate, trim, and add a velcro dot or small strip of velcro to each task card.
· Use a thin dry erase marker to have students mark the "WH" responses.
· YES! What better way to reinforce a reading or vocabulary skill that you are teaching! Our kids need to be engaged and they need more than just pencil and paper tasks during one-on-one instruction. Children will gain "wh" word knowledge skills by describing what they see and talking about emotions! This set also works well for speech and language lessons to improve describing feelings and events.
Absolutely! Here are suggested IEP Goals that may be aligned with this activity:
1. Given a picture of a person and text stating two personal details (the person's name and birthday), STUDENT will provide "wh" responses of WHO (is is) and WHEN (birthday), by marking the correct response out of a field of three choices, with 80% accuracy out of a field of 8 word choices, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
2. Given a picture of a person related to a topic or theme, STUDENT will match the identical picture with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
If your teammates or co-workers would like to use this activity with their students, please encourage them to purchase additional licenses. ANY TYPE OF FILE SHARING VIOLATES OUR COPYRIGHT POLICIES AND ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED. The purchaser may print as many copies as he or she would like for their students ONLY. Your compliance is greatly appreciated. This activity may be sent home with your student for distance learning or homework practice. The teacher MAY use this activity during distance learning for his/her assigned students by uploading to class lessons.
Yes! There are more than 200 sets available, which include, math, reading, fine motor, social skills, science, social studies and life skills!
**Please see all copyright and licensing rules included with each product.
© Copyright 2020Autism Educators, Inc. (AutismEducators.com). All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for single classroom and personal use only. You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, create derivate work from, sell or re-sell any content or information obtained from or through AutismEducators.com or any other selling platform where our products are listed or sold.
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2020