Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
This C-V-C (consonant-vowel-consonant) Word Building with Pictures task card “Task Box Filler Activities” set uses an eye-catching picture as visual support to build C-V-C words!
WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH THIS Sentence Building Task Card ACTIVITY?
· 40 Real Life Picture/Letter Task Cards
· 40 Mounting Boards to build the sentences
· IEP Goals
· Interchangeable Task Box Label
DOES THIS TAKE LONG TO SET UP?
· Just a little bit of time! Just print each page on white card stock paper and laminate! Cut each task card along the gray lines and trim the mounting boards, too. Add velcro and you’re ready to begin!
CAN I USE THIS FOR DIRECT ONE-ON-ONE INSTRUCTION?
· YES! What better way to reinforce a reading skills concept that you are teaching! Our kids need to be engaged and they need more than just pencil and paper tasks during one-on-one instruction. Once you show your students how to build a C-V-C word, they’ll be on their way! Even complex learners can participate with assistance.
ARE THERE ANY IEP GOALS THAT MAY ALIGN WITH THIS ACTIVITY?
Absolutely! Here are suggested IEP Goals that may be aligned with this activity:
INDEPENDENT OR LOW LEVEL OF ASSISTANCE IEP GOALS (on grade level or below):
1. Given a picture of an object with letters cut into 3 vertical strips, STUDENT will build the three-letter C-V-C word (consonant-vowel-consonant) by placing each picture/letter strip in the correct order to form a word, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
2. Given a picture of a familiar object divided into three vertical strips, STUDENT will place each strip in the correct order to form the complete picture and read the C-V-C word, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
Participatory/High Needs BASED IEP GOALS:
3. Given verbal, visual, or hand-over-hand prompts along with a picture of a familiar object divided into three picture/letter strips, STUDENT will place each strip in the correct order to form a word, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
CAN I SHARE THIS WITH MY TEAM OR CO-WORKERS?
If your teammates or co-workers would like to use this activity with their students, please encourage them to purchase additional licenses. ANY TYPE OF FILE SHARING VIOLATES OUR COPYRIGHT POLICIES AND ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED. The purchaser may print as many copies as he or she would like for their students ONLY. Your compliance is greatly appreciated.
DO YOU HAVE A SELECTION OF “Task Box Fillers” THAT I CAN CHOOSE FROM?
Yes! There are almost 100 sets available, which include, math, reading, fine motor, social skills, science, social studies and life skills!
**Please see all copyright and licensing rules included with each product.
If you EVER have ANY questions about this, or any of my products, please feel welcome to contact me at: DSinger@AutismEducators.com.
Thanks so much and enjoy!
© Copyright 2019 Autism Educators, Inc. (AutismEducators.com). All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for single classroom and personal use only. You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, create derivate work from, sell or re-sell any content or information obtained from or through AutismEducators.com or any other selling platform where our products are listed or sold.
Follow AutismEducators.com on FACEBOOK
Follow AutismEducators.com on PINTEREST
Follow AutismEducators.com on INSTAGRAM
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2024