Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
Does your student have an IEP Goal related to copying sentences? This set of writing and fine motor skills activity task cards creates sentences with a monthly theme with THREE LEARNING LEVELS! For more complex learners or children who are working on tracing letters or words, Level 1 is the suggested starting point for tracing the sentence. Level 2 includes a “fill-in-the-blank” picture/word choice, and Level 3 is to copy the sentence within the given boundaries with correct letter formation. THIS WRITING ACTIVITY USES ASSOCIATIONS WITH MONTHS OF THE YEAR!
This Copying Sentences task card set aligns with state academic standards for production and distribution of writing: With guidance and support from adults, use a writing template, tool or mentor text to develop writing skills.
Oh, no! Just print the pages (3 cards to a page for each Learning Level), laminate, trim. A thin dry erase marker to mark each response may be used, or clothespins to clip the correct number.
This “Task Box Filler” Task Card set provides students the opportunity to begin at the most supportive level of copying a sentence by tracing the complete sentence using bold dashed uppercase and lowercase letters with ending punctuation. Once he or she has mastered this level, the student will move on to the “read and copy” stage of copying a sentence with a clear visual model for word spacing boundaries. Level 3 is the stage of writing when the child has mastered both sets of copying a sentence and is now ready to copy and use appropriate word spacing and punctuation. Each Level 2 card (fill-in-the-blank) contains a choice of TWO picture/word responses. BOTH can be used correctly in the sentence, so there is never a “wrong” answer!
· 78 Task Cards for Copying Sentences (Level 1 =26 cards/Level 2 = 26 cards/Level 3 = 26 cards)
· Gray border for Level 1, Black border for Level 2, Light Blue border for Level 3
· Suggested IEP Goals for Special Education students
· Print this entire activity on white card stock paper and laminate for durability that will last many years.
· (JANUARY) I will put my jacket on. (boots)
· (JANUARY) I can play in the snow. (sand)
· (FEBRUARY) I can make a red heart. (flower)
· (FEBRUARY) I like to eat this candy. (turkey)
· (MARCH) I see the little chick. (rabbit)
· (MARCH) She looks like a butterfly. (girl)
· (APRIL) The boy has a black umbrella. (book)
· (APRIL) The girl has a flower. (turtle)
· (MAY) The boy is on the slide. (bike)
· (MAY) The girl writes on the board. (paper)
· (JUNE) They will swim in the pool. (ocean)
· (JUNE) A spider is on the web. (floor)
· (JULY) She eats an ice cream cone. (apple)
· (JULY) The family sees the fireworks. (stars)
· (AUGUST) The boy has a shell. (crab)
· (AUGUST) The girl will pack a suitcase. (backpack)
· (SEPTEMBER) The man picks the apple. (corn)
· (SEPTEMBER) The kids go on the bus. (computer)
· (OCTOBER) Look and see the scarecrow! (crow)
· (OCTOBER) We see the pumpkin. (hay)
· (NOVEMBER) Dad will cut the pie. (bread)
· (NOVEMBER) I can catch the leaf. (football)
* (DECEMBER) There is a card in the stocking. (mailbox)
* (DECEMBER) My family will light the tree.
* (DECEMBER) He will spin the dreidel. (toy)
* (DECEMBER) Put the kinara by the window. (table)
LEVEL 1: Given a short sentence to TRACE (up to 6 words), STUDENT will independently (or prompts as needed), TRACE the sentence along the guided lines (letters), with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
LEVEL 2: Given a short sentence to (up to 6 words), STUDENT will (independently/with verbal, visual, or hand-over-hand prompts) READ the sentence and write the selected response to FILL-IN-THE-BLANK, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
LEVEL 3: Given a short sentence using (up to 6 words), STUDENT will (independently/with verbal prompts as needed), COPY/WRITE the sentence by remaining within the guided lines provided, using proper spacing and letter formation with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
Yes! There are more than 200 sets available, which include, math, reading, fine motor, social skills, science, social studies and life skills!
None of our activities can be shared with other staff members due to copyright laws and licensing rules. You CAN suggest that they purchase their very own set, or you may purchase an additional license for them.
**Please see all copyright and licensing rules included with each product.
Copyright © 2020AutismEducators.com. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than the buyer and providing access to these materials for a classroom, department, school, or school system is strictly prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Purchasing to assemble and sell or rent in a marketplace, to individuals, education institutions, or any other entity, is prohibited. This applies to residents of all countries. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip art credits.
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2021