Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
READING COMPREHENSION Task Cards Read and Retell KEY DETAILS Task Box Filler - SET 11
This reading comprehension Task Card set contains STORY BOARDS (I Can Be President, Too!) for LEVEL A (4th-5th grade) and LEVEL B (2nd-3rd grade). LEVEL A includes 27 reading comprehension task cards with visual support related to the job of President of the United States. LEVEL B has 22 reading comprehension task cards with visual support. Each task card has one question and a choice of three responses. Build upon skills for reading comprehension IEP Goal skills for students with autism or special learning needs. Use as an educational independent work task, literacy center, one-on-one activity, or even as a learning activity for your social studies/history lessons! *** Details related to what the President's job is, where he/she lives, and common details related to the election and requirements to be a candidate.
Oh, no! Just print the pages (4 cards to a page), laminate, trim. NO VELCRO REQUIRED! Just use a thin dry erase marker to mark each response.
· 27 Task Cards for Reading Comprehension for LEVEL A
· 22 Task Cards for Reading Comprehension for LEVEL B
· 2 Story Boards (laminate for durability)
· Answer Key
· Suggested IEP Goals for Special Education students
· Print this entire activity on white card stock paper and laminate for durability that will last many years.
1. Given a story to read and up to ___(# of) (up to 20) written questions with visual vocabulary support, STUDENT (child’s name) will identify details and events which have occurred in the story, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
2. Given a story read aloud by an adult and up to 20 questions, STUDENT (child’s name) will identify details or events which have occurred in the story by providing a verbal or marked response, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
3. Given a non-fiction story to read which includes details related to a specific topic or event, along with ___(# of) questions and three possible responses per question, STUDENT will mark/point/say the correct answer, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
4. Given a story to read related to symbols, places, or events of United States history, STUDENT will provide a correct response out of a field of three possible response choices, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
Yes! There are more than 200 sets available, which include, math, reading, fine motor, social skills, science, social studies and life skills!
None of our activities can be shared with other staff members due to copyright laws and licensing rules. You CAN suggest that they purchase their very own set, or you may purchase an additional discounted license for them.
**Please see all copyright and licensing rules included with each product.
Copyright © 2012-2021AutismEducators.com. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader onlyThis product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip art credits.
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2021