Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
Look into the “ocean” to write the WH questions “what” vocabulary! This reading vocabulary and fine motor skills writing special education resource is perfect for learning nouns, answering “wh” questions, and fine motor skills writing practice related to a science theme.
A writing “WORD WINDOW” is a high-interest visual used to help keep students focused on practicing fine motor writing skills, building vocabulary knowledge, or life skill. Our students with special learning needs may have challenges with fine motor skills, need extra support for reading, remaining focused on an academic task, or completing tasks independently. Our “WORD WINDOWS” come in a variety of themes for all skills and ages! This is a highly engaging task to motivate students to write words!
· “LOOK THROUGH OCEAN” WORD WINDOWS (There are four on one page. Print as many as you need.
· There is one set of blank “LOOK THROUGH THE OCEAN” WORD WINDOWS. (48 point writing line)
· 36 Picture/Word Response Cards
· Suggested IEP Goals
· Interchangeable Task Box Label
1. scuba diver
4. killer whale
11. sea turtle
15. sand dollar
17. sea snake
21. manatee (lives in ocean, too!)
23. sea anemone
36. sea sponge
· Very little time! Just print each page on white card stock paper.
· Next, using a box cutter or Exacto knife, an ADULT will trim the gray, dashed line rectangle on area on the inside of each “ocean” of the WRITING WINDOW cards.
· Laminate the Noun Vocabulary Cards if you wish to do so.
· Student will place one Noun Vocabulary Card “in” the “ocean” and begin writing the word(s). Provide a thin dry erase marker and begin having fun writing!
· YES! However, I think you’ll be very surprised to see how much your students will enjoy this activity and their level of independence with this task will soar! Make sure to ask guided “WH” questions to expand this activity! (What is this? Who is this? What does this look like? Where have you seen this?)
Absolutely! Here are suggested IEP Goals that may be aligned with this activity:
1. Given a picture and word of a living object which is associated with a specific location or environment (ocean) STUDENT will copy the word with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
2. Given a picture and word of a living object which is associated with a location or environment and a teacher/therapist guided “WH” question (what), STUDENT will say what the object is by providing the labeled name, a two to three word description of it, and copy the word with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
If your teammates or co-workers would like to use this activity with their students, please encourage them to purchase additional licenses. ANY TYPE OF FILE SHARING VIOLATES OUR COPYRIGHT POLICIES AND ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED. The purchaser may print as many copies as he or she would like for their students ONLY. Your compliance is greatly appreciated.
Yes! There are more than 100 sets available, which include, math, reading, fine motor, social skills, science, social studies and life skills!
**Please see all copyright and licensing rules included with each product.
© Copyright 2020 Autism Educators, Inc. (AutismEducators.com). All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for single classroom and personal use only. You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, create derivate work from, sell or re-sell any content or information obtained from or through AutismEducators.com or any other selling platform where our products are listed or sold.
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2021