Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
This is a TWO LEVEL learning set of Science Adapted Books for Special Education with informational text cards.
This easy-to-assemble Science Adapted Book for Special Education contains pictures, words, and facts about turtles. There are TWO Learning Levels for your students! This set includes TWO Science Adapted Books for Special Education, 8 informational text cards with pictures to align with the adapted books, AND IEP goals to align with your student’s learning needs and academic state standards.
ADDITIONAL SCIENCE ADAPTED BOOKS FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION WILL BE ADDED EACH MONTH. To request a specific topic, please send me an email with your information and what you would like to see for your students.
Oh, no! Just print the pages on white card stock paper (preferred), laminate, and trim. You will only need 16 hard side Velcro coins/squares and 8 soft side to position the picture word/response cards for each adapted book.
Aligning state Science standards with academic lessons for learners with special learning needs, can be a challenge. Using real life pictures and visual reinforcement, ALL students can take part in an activity related to Science standards which include life processes, how animals adapt in appearance and behavior. These adapted books can be extended for speech and language, reading, and writing skills!
· A turtle is a reptile.
· A turtle has a hard shell.
· Largest turtle
· How a turtle walks
· Where a turtle swims
· Predators (Animals a turtle may hide from)
· Where turtles live
· Movement of turtle
· Different kinds (species) of turtles
1. Given a fill-in-the-blank sentence and a picture related to a topic or theme (science/turtles), STUDENT will read the sentence in order to choose the matching picture/word card to complete the sentence, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
2. Given a short reading passage containing informational text related to a topic or theme (science/turtles) along with a picture, STUDENT will read the text _______(prompt level: with verbal prompts/with visual prompts/independently/with words of encouragement) in order to complete a sentence with a fact, detail, or name, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
3. Given a picture related to a topic or theme (science/turtles), STUDENT will read a repetitive sentence starter (“I see a…”) to match the identical picture (turtle), with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
1. Given a non-fiction sentence related to a science topic (turtles), alonf with a picture, STUDENT will provide a _____(verbal/written/typed) statement to describe how the environment impacts or changes the __________(reptiles) behavior, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
2. Given a non-fiction sentence related to a science topic (turtles), alonf with a picture, STUDENT will provide a _____(verbal/written/typed) statement to describe the appearance or movement of the _______(reptile) using up to two adjectives, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
1. Given a picture and one _____(# of) “Wh” question(s) (asked by the teacher or therapist) related to a science topic (turtles), STUDENT will verbally state __________(# of) complete sentence(s) to describe the picture, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
None of our activities can be shared with other staff members due to copyright laws and licensing rules with clip art creators and photographers. You CAN suggest that they purchase their very own set, or you may purchase an additional license for them.
**Please see all copyright and licensing rules included with each product.
Copyright © 2021AutismEducators.com. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader onlyThis product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Purchasing to assemble and sell or rent in a marketplace, to individuals, education institutions, Outschool.com, teaching platforms or any other entity, is prohibited. This applies to residents of all countries. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip art credits.
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2021