Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
Acts of kindness within the school setting are included in this reading and writing journal created for students accessing Kindergarten, First, and Second Grade academic and social emotional standards. Using easy-to-understand topics and visuals to aid in reading the two sentence description, students read with a greater level of independence and trace a sentence that states the positive, “I can…” statement. An act of kindness can be following a rule, helping others, or completing work. There are in this journal PLUS an additional page for students to write and draw their own act of kindness! DATA BOX is included on each page to document student progress for Special Education and General Education students!
· ADDITIONAL “Acts of Kindness” Read and Write Journals will be available soon!
There are 100 “Acts of Kindness” read and write worksheets:
· 100 Journal Worksheets aligned with state standards for reading and Social Emotional standards
· writing template for the remainder of the school year
· Data Section on each worksheet to track student progress in the classroom, at home, therapy, or tutoring.
· Suggested IEP Goals
The “Acts of Kindness” and two sentence description relates to what a student in early elementary school may encounter within the school setting. With simple topics and descriptions, children are better able to apply the “act of kindness” to something they can do at school, too. As we know, our children all learn at their own pace and this resource is adaptable for all students working towards social emotional learning goals and achieving a task with greater independence.
YES! Here are suggested IEP goals which align with this journal:
· Given a picture and a statement showing an act of kindness, STUDENT will complete a 3-step directive to read/listen, color, and trace, by following a repetitive series of directions, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
· Given a picture and a statement along with a 2 sentence description of an act of kindness within a familiar setting (school), STUDENT will identify (say) or perform the act of kindness with limited prompts, within a school day, by MONTH, YEAR.
· Given a picture and description of an act of kindness within the school setting, STUDENT will trace one sentence which states the act of kindness, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
· Given a writing prompt related to an act of kindness within a familiar setting, STUDENT will write up to ___(# of) sentences/paragraphs, to describe the act of kindness, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
If your teammates or co-workers would like to use this activity with their students, please encourage them to purchase additional licenses. ANY TYPE OF FILE SHARING VIOLATES OUR COPYRIGHT POLICIES AND ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED. The purchaser may print as many copies as he or she would like for their students ONLY. Your compliance is greatly appreciated.
**Please see all copyright and licensing rules included with each product.
© Copyright 2021 Autism Educators, Inc. (AutismEducators.com). All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for single classroom and personal use only. You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, create derivate work from, sell or re-sell any content or information obtained from or through AutismEducators.com or any other selling platform where our products are listed or sold. ALL WORKS CREATED BY AUTISM EDUCATORS, INC., is material in that we hold the copyright or trademark. All parties intentionally or unintentionally copying, sharing, or manipulating in any manner will be held responsible.
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2021