Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
Main Character with Pictures and Reading Passage Task Cards “Task Box Filler” for reading intervention and as a Special Education resource.
This reading comprehension MAIN CHARACTER task card set focuses on identifying the main character with the use if visuals and a short reading passage. Your student will choose from 2 to 3 options (multiple choice) to identify the main character. Visual support is provided by placing names on each of the possible choices in the picture!
Oh, no! Just print the pages (2 cards to a page), laminate, trim. NO VELCRO REQUIRED! Just use a thin dry erase marker to mark each response.
Using pictures to refer back to with the reading passage, your student will be able to “see” the characters and select the main character. THE TASK CARDS MAY BE PRESENTED IN ANY ORDER!!! For children who are just learning to identify the main character in a story or reading passage, the teacher/assistant/SLP may “introduce” the characters and what is happening in each picture.
***PLACE IN A TASK BOX AS A “Task Box Filler” for independent reading skills!
· 30 Task Cards for Reading Comprehension to IDENTIFY THE MAIN CHARACTER
· Suggested IEP Goals for Special Education Students
· Answer Key for Teachers
· Task Box Filler LABEL
· Print this entire activity on white card stock paper and laminate for durability that will last many years.
1. Given a picture showing 2 to 3 people interacting, or involved in an activity, along with name labels for clearer comprehension of characters, STUDENT will refer to the picture and reading passage to determine the main character, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
2. By MONTH, YEAR, given a picture and short reading passage, STUDENT will identify the main character by name, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities.
Yes! There are more than 200 sets available, which include, math, reading, fine motor, social skills, science, social studies and life skills!
None of our activities can be shared with other staff members due to copyright laws and licensing rules. You CAN suggest that they purchase their very own set, or you may purchase an additional license for them.
**Please see all copyright and licensing rules included with each product.
Copyright © 2021AutismEducators.com. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader onlyThis product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Purchasing to assemble and sell or rent in a marketplace, to individuals, education institutions, or any other entity, is prohibited. This applies to residents of all countries. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip art credits.
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2021