Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
Match Print To Speech Early Reading Skills Task Box Filler for Special Education and Early Reading Intervention
This early reading skills task card set focuses on one-to-one correspondence in reading. As the student points to each visual guide (color circles), he/she begins to read word by word, and then progressing to complete, smooth sentences to gain reading fluency skills.
WILL THIS TAKE A LOT OF PREP TIME?
Oh, no! Just print the pages (4 cards to a page), laminate, trim. NO VELCRO REQUIRED!
HOW WILL THIS HELP MY STUDENTS WITH READING SKILLS?
As children begin to read, most follow a word-to-word reading pattern. There may be exaggerated pauses between word, impacting word meaning, fluency, and comprehension. By providing a visual for finger placement, your student will increase awareness of “smoothness”, or reading fluency. Once this is accomplished, comprehension skills are noticeably improved, too.
· 100 Reading Task Cards to MATCH PRINT TO SPEECH for reading fluency and accuracy. (Each sentence has 4 to 5 words)
· Task Box Label
· Suggested IEP Goals for Special Education students
· Print this entire activity on white card stock paper and laminate for durability that will last many years.
SUGGESTED IEP GOALS For Special Education Students:
1. Given a spoken word while reading, STUDENT will demonstrate one-to-one correspondence in reading up to five words in a sentence by pointing to each word as it is read aloud, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
2. Given a sentence with up to five words to read, STUDENT will point to each word as read aloud to increase word fluency, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
3. Given a picture and a sentence with up to five words, STUDENT will read the sentence using an “underline sweep” to increase fluency, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
4. Given a picture and a sentence with up to five words, STUDENT will read the sentence with fluency to describe what is shown in the picture, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
DO YOU HAVE A SELECTION OF “Task Box Fillers” THAT I CAN CHOOSE FROM?
Yes! There are ore than 200 sets currently available! Go to BROWSE WORK TASKS and Task Box Fillers to view our selection.
CAN I SHARE THIS TASK CARD SET WITH OTHER TEACHERS?
None of our activities can be shared with other staff members due to copyright laws and licensing rules. You CAN suggest that they purchase their very own set, or you may purchase an additional license for them.
**Please see all copyright and licensing rules included with each product.
***Thank you for supporting autism awareness by purchasing this product. Please enjoy with your students. ***
Copyright © 2020AutismEducators.com. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than the buyer and providing access to these materials for a classroom, department, school, or school system is strictly prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Purchasing to assemble and sell or rent in a marketplace, to individuals, education institutions, or any other entity, is prohibited. This applies to residents of all countries. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip art credits.
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2024