Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
This PRINT and GO Earth Day Independent Work activity packet focuses on reading and fine motor skills for Special Education Distance Learning, the classroom, occupational therapy, and independent work task.
This is a print and go Earth Day packet for the special education classroom, special education distance learning, homework packet, or independent work. This no prep packet contains a variety of learning activities focusing on fine motor and reading skills.
· 100 Worksheets or interactive Pages designed to boost independence during work tasks, class work, distance learning, home schooling, or even homework.
· Pages 1 - 20: Tracing a variety of lines (Earth Day Theme)
· Pages 21 - 35: “Wh” Questions Reading Comprehension
· Pages 36 – 46: Color, cut, and glue Earth Day activity
· Pages 47 – 60: “WH” symbol prompt for key details in text
· Pages 61 – 70: Match identical pictures
· Pages 71 – 84: Compare and Contrast Main Character in Text
· Pages 85 – 100: Earth Day Vocabulary Increasing Word Knowledge
· Table of Contents with answer key for specific pages
· IEP Goals
· Just download and print the pages you would like to use. This is a NO PREP Earth Day activity packet! The only person cutting, gluing, writing, or coloring, is the student as part of the learning process.
· YES! As well as using as an independent work task, this activity can be expanded upon to reinforce a variety of reading skills.
Absolutely! Here are suggested IEP Goals that may be aligned with this activity:
FINE MOTOR SKILLS:
1. Given a line to trace (straight, curved, zigzag), STUDENT will use dynamic tripod grasp to demonstrate functional fine motor control, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
2. Given a word to trace and copy, STUDENT will use spacing guides provided to write each letter of the word with legible upper and lowercase formation, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
READING COMPREHENSION SKILLS:
3. Given a short reading passage (1st or 2nd grade level) and a picture that shows what is occurring, STUDENT will mark the correct response to four “WH” questions in order to demonstrate comprehension, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
READING SKILLS MATCHING:
4. Given a picture related to a topic or theme (Earth Day), STUDENT will match the identical picture by drawing a line, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
READING SKILLS COMPARE OR CONTRAST CHARACTERS:
5. Given a short reading passage (1st or 2nd grade level) and two pictures comparing or contrasting what is happening with the two characters, STUDENT will complete the sentence by looking back at the text to locate what is the same or different, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
6. Given a vocabulary word related to a topic or theme (___# of words), STUDENT will complete a sequence of activities (circle word/highlight word/write word/trace word/spell word/color word) to reinforce word knowledge, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
If your teammates or co-workers would like to use this activity with their students, please encourage them to purchase additional licenses. ANY TYPE OF FILE SHARING VIOLATES OUR COPYRIGHT POLICIES AND ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED. The purchaser may print as many copies as he or she would like for their students ONLY. Your compliance is greatly appreciated.
**Please see all copyright and licensing rules included with each product.
© Copyright 2020 Autism Educators, Inc. (AutismEducators.com). All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for single classroom and personal use only. You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, create derivate work from, sell or re-sell any content or information obtained from or through AutismEducators.com or any other selling platform where our products are listed or sold.
Follow AutismEducators.com on FACEBOOK
Follow AutismEducators.com on PINTEREST
Follow AutismEducators.com on INSTAGRAM
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2022