Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
A READING Color Words Task Cards “Task Box Filler” for early reading intervention and following a one-step direction for students with autism, learning delays, and special education.
This Reading Color Words Task Card set includes TWO learning levels to decrease prompts and increase the ability to complete independent work tasks!
WILL THIS TAKE A LOT OF PREP TIME?
Oh, no! Just print the pages (4 cards to a page), laminate and trim the task cards and spiders! You will need 26 matching velcro coins or small strips for students to attach the spider to each web. Your students are ready to begin!
· 26 Task Cards for READING COLOR WORDS and FOLLOWING A ONE-STEP DIRECTION for Vocabulary Development
· 24 Task Cards for READING COLOR WORDS using Color Code visuals!
· Color Code Guides for Early Readers or those not yet reading
· IEP Goals and Task Box Label
· Print this entire activity on white card stock paper and laminate for durability that will last many years.
HOW WILL THIS ACTIVITY HELP MY STUDENTS WITH LEARNING COLOR WORDS?
Learning colors is one thing, but reading color words requires reading skills. Using engaging illustrations (spider and web), students are more likely to be compliant in completing the task with a greater level of independence. There are TWO LEARNING LEVELS INCLUDED which will allow all students to participate that have the ability to match colors.
CAN I USE THIS TASK CARD SET AS AN INDEPENDENT WORK TASK?
YES!!!!! That is the intended outcome of this Reading Color Words task card set. Start with the color coded set first if this is what the student needs, and then go on to the “words only” version.
SUGGESTED IEP GOALS For Special Education Students:
1. Given a one-step direction in which STUDENT must identify two colors, STUDENT will refer to the text (which includes visual support to identify colors) with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
2. Given a sentence that includes two color words as identifying factors, STUDENT will read the color words in order to choose the correct object, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
3. Given an independent work task which requires STUDENT to read/match two color words, STUDENT will complete the task with ___(# of) verbal or visual prompts, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
DO YOU HAVE A SELECTION OF “Task Box Fillers” THAT I CAN CHOOSE FROM?
Yes! There are almost 100 sets available, which include, math, reading, fine motor, social skills, science, social studies and life skills!
CAN I SHARE THIS TASK CARD SET WITH OTHER TEACHERS?
None of our activities can be shared with other staff members due to copyright laws and licensing rules. You CAN suggest that they purchase their very own set, or you may purchase an additional license for them.
**Please see all copyright and licensing rules included with each product.
***Thank you for supporting autism awareness by purchasing this product. Please enjoy with your students. ***
Copyright © 2019AutismEducators.com. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than the buyer and providing access to these materials for a classroom, department, school, or school system is strictly prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip art credits.
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2024