Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
SENTENCE BUILDING with Pictures Task Cards READING STRATEGIES Task Box Filler (Big and Little)
This Sentence Building with Pictures task card “Task Box Filler” set uses an eye-catching picture as visual support to build sentences comparing big and little objects or patterns of growth (ex. baby). Students use prior knowledge and pictures to read the sentence.
· 40 Real Life Picture Task Cards representing “big” and “little” objects
· 40 Mounting Boards to build the sentences
· IEP Goals
· Interchangeable Task Box Label
· Just a little bit of time! Just print each page on white card stock paper and laminate! Cut each task card along the gray lines and trim the mounting boards, too. Add velcro and you’re ready to begin!
· YES! What better way to reinforce a reading skills concept that you are teaching! Our kids need to be engaged and they need more than just pencil and paper tasks during one-on-one instruction. Once you show your students how to build a sentence, they’ll be on their way! Even complex learners can participate with assistance.
Absolutely! Here are suggested IEP Goals that may be aligned with this activity:
1. Given a picture of an object with words cut into 4 vertical strips, STUDENT will build the four-word sentence by placing each picture/word strip in the correct order to form a sentence, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
2. Given a picture of a familiar object divided into four vertical strips, STUDENT will place each strip in the correct order to form the complete picture and read the sentence, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
3. Given verbal, visual, or hand-over-hand prompts along with a picture of a familiar object divided into four picture/word strips, STUDENT will place each strip in the correct order to form a complete picture, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
If your teammates or co-workers would like to use this activity with their students, please encourage them to purchase additional licenses. ANY TYPE OF FILE SHARING VIOLATES OUR COPYRIGHT POLICIES AND ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED. The purchaser may print as many copies as he or she would like for their students ONLY. Your compliance is greatly appreciated.
Yes! There are almost 100 sets available, which include, math, reading, fine motor, social skills, science, social studies and life skills!
**Please see all copyright and licensing rules included with each product.
© Copyright 2019 Autism Educators, Inc. (AutismEducators.com). All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for single classroom and personal use only. You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, create derivate work from, sell or re-sell any content or information obtained from or through AutismEducators.com or any other selling platform where our products are listed or sold.
Follow AutismEducators.com on FACEBOOK
Follow AutismEducators.com on PINTEREST
Follow AutismEducators.com on INSTAGRAM
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2021