Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
Subtracting from 10 for early math IEP Goal Skills with VISUAL SUPPORT is a Task Box Filler for Special Education and autism, during independent work tasks, one-on-one learning, and to track similar IEP goals.
A task box filler for counting and subtracting using color math cubes! This subtraction from 10 early math skills activity has three levels of IEP Goals for Special Education!
This “Task Box Filler” resource visually shows students how to “take away” or “subtract” (both terms are used) two single digits to subtract from 10. This interactive task card set keeps children engaged while learning by using a familiar counting strategy with visual support. This will quickly become a class favorite! Use as a daily independent work task to work towards early math learning goals, math center, one-on-one activity, or even as an activity for ESY, summer practice or homework!
WILL THIS TAKE A LOT OF PREP TIME?
Oh, no! Just print the pages (4 cards to a page), laminate and trim! Your students are ready to begin! NO Velcro needed!
· Over 50 Subtraction Task Box Filler Activity Cards for Visual Subtraction from 10 (first card is a sample)
· Task Box Label
· Suggested IEP Goals for Special Education students
· Print this entire activity on white card stock paper and laminate for durability that will last many years.
SUGGESTED IEP GOALS For Special Education Students:
(Level 1: HIGH LEVEL OF SUPPORT accessing academic standards)
1. Given a row of 10 linking cubes using color coding strategies, along with teacher/academic support professional and prompts as needed, STUDENT will count each color cube in order to say/write/indicate on voice output device/type numbers, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
(Level 2: MORE COMPLEX PARTICIPATION TO COMPLETE TASK accessing academic standards)
2. Given a row of 10 linking cubes using color coding strategies, STUDENT will count to subtract or “take away” by counting to write the minuend, subtrahend, and difference in order to solve the subtraction problem, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
(Level 3: INDEPENDENTLY COMPLETES TASK accessing academic standards)
3. Given a row of 10 linking cubes, STUDENT will count, in order to subtract, solve, and write up to ___(# of) subtraction problems from 10, writing the minuend, subtrahend, and difference with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
DO YOU HAVE A SELECTION OF “Task Box Fillers” THAT I CAN CHOOSE FROM?
Yes! There are more than 200 sets available, which include, math, reading, fine motor, social skills, science, social studies and life skills!
CAN I SHARE THIS TASK CARD SET WITH OTHER TEACHERS?
None of our activities can be shared with other staff members due to copyright laws and licensing rules. You CAN suggest that they purchase their very own set, or you may purchase an additional license for them.
**Please see all copyright and licensing rules included with each product.
Copyright © 2021AutismEducators.com. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than the buyer and providing access to these materials for a classroom, department, school, or school system is strictly prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. The contents of this PDF must remain intact without manipulation, with the exception of personal classroom use for the buyer and one physical or remote class only. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip art credits.
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2024