Engaging Work Tasks at Your Fingertips
Search through thousands of quality teaching materials that will help your students reach their learning goals.
View All or select a category.
“WH” Who/What/Where Nouns for READING and WRITING Special Education Resource Intervention. This WORD WINDOWS set of Task Box Filler Activities focuses on nouns, "WH" teacher generated questions, and fine motor skills development.
Look through the “camera lens” and write the nouns (person/place/thing)! This reading and writing special education resource is perfect for learning nouns, answering “wh” questions, and fine motor skills writing practice!
A writing “WORD WINDOW” is a high-interest visual used to help keep students focused on practicing fine motor writing skills, building vocabulary knowledge, or life skill. Our students with special learning needs may have challenges with fine motor skills, need extra support for reading, remaining focused on an academic task, or completing tasks independently. Our “WORD WINDOWS” come in a variety of themes for all skills and ages! This is a highly engaging task to motivate students to write words!
· “LOOK THROUGH THE CAMERA LENS” WORD WINDOWS (There are four on one page. Print as many as you need.
· There are TWO sets of blank “LOOK THROUGH THE CAMERA LENS” WORD WINDOWS. One set includes a 48 point line. The other set uses a 72 point line for writers who may need a larger/longer space to copy the word.
· 40 Picture/Word Response Cards
· Suggested IEP Goals
· Interchangeable Task Box Label
2. magic show
3. birthday party
18. soccer game
32. roller coaster
33. apple pie
34. New York City
· Very little time! Just print each page on white card stock paper.
· Next, using a box cutter or Exacto knife, an ADULT will trim the gray, dashed line rectangle on area on the inside of each “camera lens” of the WRITING WINDOW cards.
· Laminate the Noun Vocabulary Cards if you wish to do so.
· Student will place one Noun Vocabulary Card “behind” the “camera lens” and begin writing the word(s). Provide a thin dry erase marker and begin having fun writing!
· YES! However, I think you’ll be very surprised to see how much your students will enjoy this activity and their level of independence with this task will soar!
Absolutely! Here are suggested IEP Goals that may be aligned with this activity:
1. Given a picture and word of a person, place, or thing (noun), STUDENT will copy the word with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
2. Given a picture and word of a person, place, or thing (noun) and a teacher/therapist guided “WH” question (who/what/where), STUDENT will say what the noun is by providing the labeled name, a two to three word description of the noun, and copy the word with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
If your teammates or co-workers would like to use this activity with their students, please encourage them to purchase additional licenses. ANY TYPE OF FILE SHARING VIOLATES OUR COPYRIGHT POLICIES AND ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED. The purchaser may print as many copies as he or she would like for their students ONLY. Your compliance is greatly appreciated.
Yes! There are more than 100 sets available, which include, math, reading, fine motor, social skills, science, social studies and life skills!
**Please see all copyright and licensing rules included with each product.
© Copyright 2020 Autism Educators, Inc. (AutismEducators.com). All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for single classroom and personal use only. You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, create derivate work from, sell or re-sell any content or information obtained from or through AutismEducators.com or any other selling platform where our products are listed or sold.
Autism Educators, Inc. © 2012-2022